TTF -> PCX CONVERTER, version 2.1, March 1999 By Shawn Hargreaves shawn@talula.demon.co.uk http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/ This little win95 utility converts TrueType fonts into PCX files that can be imported into the Allegro grabber program. Select a font, click on export, type a filename, and don't blame me if it doesn't work, because I wrote this in an afternoon and I haven't tested it properly :-) New in version 2.1: changed ANSI_CHARSET font request to DEFAULT_CHARSET, which should make Unicode grabbing work better. New in version 2.0: support for grabbing Unicode font data (any character range from 1 up to 0xFFFF, pending you having a suitable TTF installed on your machine). Also puts a more sensible palette in the output file. This update is for win32 only, because I don't have any way to update the 16 bit version with the new code (lack of a suitable compiler). As well as normal monochrome data the program can output antialiased fonts, which are generated by rendering the TrueType characters at eight times the requested size and then scaling down (an 8x8 supersampling grid provides 64 intensity levels). Fonts in this format can be drawn in Allegro by passing -1 as the color to textout(), but this will obviously only work if you have a suitable gradient in your palette. This program is freeware. Use it or abuse it in any way you want. If you want to recompile it you'll need a copy of Visual C++ version 6. It will probably build ok with versions right back to whenever, but the project file probably won't be readable by anything other than VC6. The code is a total mess - please don't look too closely at it :-)